Sundried Tomato and Provolone Chicken - Serves 4-6
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup leeks, white part only, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and mushrooms. Sauté until tender. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes, making sure the garlic does not brown. Add the wine and sauté until wine reduces by half. Add the Stonewall Kitchen Sundried Tomato Pesto and stir. Remove from pan and keep warm. Wipe out pan.
- Trim and pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot add chicken breasts and sauté 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Make sure the pan is not overcrowded. Drain off fat. Cover each chicken breast with a slice of provolone cheese. Reduce heat to low and cover pan. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken with leek, mushroom and sundried tomato mixture spooned over each breast. Top with basil and serve immediately.