Leftover Turkey Casserole Serves 6-8
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 -2 3/4 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover or frozen cooked vegetables, such as peas, carrots, corn or green beans
- 1 cup potatoes, diced and cooked*
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1-2 cups stuffing Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Stuffing with Dried Fruit or New England Cranberry Relish Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 2 quart casserole with butter.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and translucent, but not brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to onions and stir 1-2 minutes. Slowly whisk in stock starting with 2 1/2 cups and adding more at the end if casserole mixture is too thick. Adjust heat to a simmer and cook until roux thickens. Whisk in cream.
- Stir in turkey, vegetables, potatoes and parsley. Place in prepared casserole. Top with crumbled leftover stuffing. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole bubbles and is hot.