Mediterranean Shrimp – Serves 4-6
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups eggplant, 1/2-inch diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Cacciatore Simmering Sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat and sauté eggplant until tender and golden brown. Add additional oil if needed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil to the sauté pan over medium high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Pat shrimp dry and add to pan. Saute shrimp in batches until they are pink and slightly firm, about 4-6 minutes. Add additional oil if needed. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Add eggplant and shrimp back to pan. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper. Add the Cacciatore Simmering sauce and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta. Garnish with feta cheese.