Stuffed Bell Peppers – Serves 6
- 6 bell peppers
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-15.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound spicy sausage such as chorizo, browned
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mild Salsa
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup a blend of shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheeses, or your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a baking dish that the 6 peppers can fit into.
Remove tops, seeds and membranes of each pepper. Parboil peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cooked rice, black beans, browned sausage, salsa and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each pepper with rice mixture and place in baking dish. Bake 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over each pepper. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.