Black Bean Burgers – 4 burgers or 8 sliders
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (approximately 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa cooked in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed with a fork
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons Stonewall Kitchen Cilantro Lime Aioli, plus more to top each burger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- 4 large or 8 small buns
- 4-8 lettuce leaves
- 4-8 slices of tomato
- 1 avocado sliced
- Combine cooked quinoa, beans, egg, bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, aioli, garlic, salt, cumin, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse several times to combine. Form into patties. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook burgers approximately 6 minutes per side. Gently turn burgers and continue to cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Place burgers on the bottom of each bun. Top with aioli, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Serve immediately.