- 3-4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced down the middle, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch half moon shapes
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata or black olives, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 6-7 basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, cut into chunks or shredded (optional)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing or Classic Italian Dressing
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a medium-size serving bowl combine the first 9 ingredients and set aside for 30 minutes or so.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a bowl. Drizzle with Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing and toss until well coated.
- Spread oil coated bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the bread cubes are toasted and light gold in color.
- Just prior to serving, add the bread cubes to the vegetable mixture and toss. Do not do this ahead of time or the bread cubes will become too soggy. Serve immediately at room temperature.