Hearty Vegetable Salad
- 5 medium potatoes, red or white, quartered
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into thick matchstick slices
- 1 small bag of baby carrots or 4 medium carrots cut the same as the turnip
- 1 box frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 bag frozen pearl onions
- 1 can whole beets, quartered
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cups Stonewall Kitchen Bourbon Molasses Mustard
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Precook all vegetables except beets, which can be heated on the stovetop.
- Put all vegetables in a bowl and gently toss with dressing while warm.
- Serve with crusty bread and soft cheese.
Directions for Dressing:
- In food processor, blend shallot, mustard and brown sugar. Slowly drizzle in the canola oil until blended.
- Finely chop one shallot and combine with mustard and brown sugar. Wisk in canola oil.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.