Couscous Salad - Serves 6-8
- 1 10 oz. package (approximately 4 cups cooked) plain couscous
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1/2 white or red onion, diced small
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 30 each Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered or 1/2 can sliced black olives
- 4 teaspoons Stonewall Kitchen Caramelized Onion Mustard
- 4 tablespoons white wine or apple juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sliced almonds for garnish
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Let chill.
- Add diced chicken, vegetables, raisins, olives and toss gently. In a small mixing bowl, blend four teaspoons Caramelized Onion Mustard with four tablespoons white wine or apple juice or a combination of both. Mix well.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss again before serving. Garnish with sliced almonds.
*Additional serving suggestions: use chicken broth instead of water for richer flavor.
Add dried cranberries or apricots for additional flavor.