A perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- To toast walnuts, place nuts on a baking pan. Place in a preheated 375 degree F oven for approximately 7-9 minutes until they are light brown and fragrant.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash beets thoroughly, then coat in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Put aluminum wrapped beets on a baking sheet. Roast until they are fork-tender (approximately 45-60 minutes).
- Unwrap beets. When cool enough to handle, remove their skin. Cut into quarters.
- Place lettuce on serving dishes. Top with roasted beets, crumbled blue cheese, and toasted walnuts. Drizzle Balsamic Fig Dressing over each salad.