Roasted Garlic Potato Salad
A potato salad to serve for meals on the terrace or at picnics. It’s brimming with flavor and texture.
- 1 1/2 pounds small white potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, split, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Mustard or Horseradish Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil & leaves to garnish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add some salt and continue cooking until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife. Begin testing around 8 minutes. Times will vary with size of potatoes. Drain and let cool. When cool, cut into fourths or eighths. Combine cucumber, pepper and onion and feta cheese with potatoes in a large bowl.
- Whisk Mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl. In a slow stream, whisk Roasted Garlic Oil into mixture to form an emulsion. Stir in basil and parsley. Pour dressing over salad; toss to blend, then season with salt and pepper. Add a couple of fresh basil leaves as garnish and serve at once.