Sauteed Red Cabbage – Serves 6
- 6 slices bacon
- 20 oz. red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 apples, cored, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 6 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen New England Coleslaw Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat until browned and crisp. Set aside to cool on paper towels, then crumble.
- Drain all but 2 Tbsp. fat from pan. Add cabbage, onion, apples and caraway seeds. Saute until tender.
Add bacon, New England Coleslaw Dressing and vinegar, heat 1-2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve warm.