Glazed Green Beans with Crumbled Gorgonzola
With the fresh tender taste of green beans and the bold flavor of Gorgonzola, this side dish is the perfect addition to a pork tenderloin or a succulent New York sirloin.
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans, stems removed
- 1-2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 6 ounces of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- Bring a 2 quart stock pot of water to a boil.
- Add green beans and boil for 3-5 minutes or until beans are cooked halfway through.
- Drain beans and run under ice-cold water until chilled.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chilled green beans and sauté for 3-5 minutes, tossing beans to cook all sides.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Onion Jam. Stir beans well, about 3 minutes. Jam will melt and bubble and should fully coat the beans.
- Place beans on the center of a large platter.
- Generously sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola and sliced almonds.