Risotto with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto or Basil Pesto
- Pour the chicken stock into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low, so stock is simmering.
- In another large saucepan or sauté pan melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and Roasted Garlic Oil over medium heat.
- Add the yellow onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, stir and allow to evaporate.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the stock and stir constantly until it has almost absorbed into the rice.
- Add remaining stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb. Continue to stir. This will take about 30 minutes.
- When all the stock has been used, add remaining butter, Parmesan cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato or Basil Pesto.
- Stir gently and add the parsley.