Potato Latke – Makes 2 dozen 2 1/2 inch latkes
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopping
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup oil
- Stonewall Kitchen Maple Apple Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Placed grated potatoes into cold water and soak 1-2 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Place potatoes on a kitchen towel and roll it up. Squeeze to remove as much water as possible. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and add the green onion, eggs, salt, black pepper and flour. Mix well.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Place large spoonfuls of potato mixture into hot oil pressing down with spatula to form 1/4 to 1/2-inch patties. Brown on one side then brown on the other. Let latkes drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot garnished with sour cream and apple sauce.