Recipe Tip: Make this a meal instead of a side dish by adding a pound of sautéed shrimp, chicken, pork or beef.
- 1/4 cup canola or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice (basmati or brown)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped including white and green parts
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Classic Stir Fry Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat fry pan or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2 Tablespoons oil and heat to shimmering, but not smoking.
- Add onion and carrots and cook until al dente stirring frequently. Remove from pan and set aside. Add mushrooms and cook several minutes until they start to brown and caramelize. Add peas and stir until thawed. Set aside with carrots.
- Add remaining oil. Add rice. Make a well in the center of the rice. Add eggs. Cook and stir until scrambled consistency. Then stir into the rice.
- Add cooked vegetables, scallions and Classic Stir Fry Sauce. Stir until uniform and hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.