Sriracha Shrimp and Noodle Soup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped vegetables such as baby bok choy, snap peas, asparagus, or bean sprouts
- 3.5 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces dried rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and sliced into 4 rounds
- 6-8 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Teriyaki Sauce (depending how spicy you want your soup)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as needed
- 2 Tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and mushrooms and sauté until slightly tender but still crisp. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add chicken stock, water, ginger, Sriracha Teriyaki Sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and salt to stock pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Just prior to serving add scallions, cilantro, tomatoes and shrimp.
- When shrimp turn pink serve soup by layering the noodles and vegetables in a soup bowl. Ladle hot broth and shrimp into bowl and garnish with peanuts.