- 3 pounds small red potatoes, with skins on
- 5 Tablespoons plus 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Pub Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (or one of our Aiolis )
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 scallions, minced
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix 5 Tablespoons Traditional Pub Mustard, Roasted Garlic Oil, and potatoes in large bowl. Toss together and then place potatoes on large baking sheet and scatter shallots on top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and golden brown.
- Slice the hot potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds without worrying if some of the skins slip off.
- Leave the shallots on them. Put the potatoes and shallots into the mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise (or aioli), bacon, scallions, and remaining 2 Tablespoons mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the hot potatoes and stir gently to combine. Add pepper to taste.
- Cool the potato salad to room temperature. Serve immediately or chill it overnight.