Made With Our
- 2 1/2 cups russet potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 1/4 cups parsnips, coarsely grated
- 1 1/4 cups carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto Aioli, Roasted Garlic Aioli or Horseradish Aioli
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Capers, chopped red onion, micro-greens, for garnish
- Place grated potatoes into cold water and soak 1-2 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Place potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onion on a kitchen towel and roll it up. Squeeze to remove as much water as possible. Place vegetables in a medium size bowl.
- Add the salt, baking powder and flour to vegetables and mix. Add eggs and gently mix until combined.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Form latke mixture into 2-inch diameter patties that are about 1/4-inch thick. Fry in hot oil until golden brown, flip and fry until golden brown on the second side. Do not overcrowd the pan. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb oil.
- Top each latke with aioli, a piece of salmon and garnish with capers, red onion or microgreens. Serve warm or room temperature.