- 1 (1-pound) French Bread loaf, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
- Place bread on baking sheet uncovered overnight.
- Cook asparagus in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender (about 3 minutes). Drain. Rinse under cool water and drain well.
- Whisk eggs, Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix cheese and herbs in a medium bowl.
- Place 1/2 bread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cooked asparagus and 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Pour 1/2 egg mixture on top. Repeat steps.
- Let stand 20 minutes, press with spatula to submerge bread pieces.
- Place baking dish in a large roasting pan. Fill with enough water to come halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake until golden brown and puffed, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with Old Farmhouse Chutney.