A warm and wonderful treat anytime of year!
- 8 medium sized firm apples, washed, cored and partially peeled at the top (1/3 way down)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons brandy, optional
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apples in a baking dish, evenly spaced away from each other.
- Mix together the oats, brown sugar, Apple Cranberry Chutney, apricots, dates, orange zest, sliced almonds and brandy.
- Add cold unsalted butter pieces and toss well.
- Stuff apples with mixture.
- Pour apple juice or cider into baking dish and add cinnamon. Cover with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, baste with liquid, continue to cook until apples are easily pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes).