Sunday Brunch Pizza
Surprising? Yes. Delicious? Absolutely! A novel treat to celebrate a leisurely late morning meal or afternoon snack.
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruits (cranberries, cherries, raisins, etc.); replump in warm water and blot with paper towel
- 1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- grated zest of 1 large lemon
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Black Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat ricotta, egg and egg yolk together until smooth. Stir in dried fruits, amaretti cookies, pine nuts and lemon zest.
- Roll or stretch pizza dough to a diameter of about 16 inches, leaving edges a little thicker.
- Transfer to a large pizza pan or flat cookie sheet dusted with cornmeal. Spread mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border free of filling.
- Drizzle about half of the Stonewall Kitchen Black Raspberry Jam over cheese filling in a random pattern. Bake on lowest shelf in oven until cheese is set and crust is golden brown, about 14 to 16 minutes.
- Remove, drizzle remaining Black Raspberry Jam over first layer of jam and let stand for at least 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.