Puff Pastry Squares with Black Cherry Filling
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate shavings or mini morsels
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Black Cherry Jam
Puff Pastry Squares:
- 1 package ready-to-bake puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2-4 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Sour Cherry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the filling. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the puff pastry squares.
- To prepare the puff pastry squares, unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares (for a total of 18), each measuring approximately 3-inches.
- Place puff pastry squares 1-inch apart on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes until puffed and golden in color. Cool on a wire rack.
- To assemble each dessert, spread approximately 1 teaspoon Sour Cherry Jam on a puff pastry square. Top with several Tablespoons of filling. Stack another puff pastry square over the filling. Dust with confectioner’s sugar. A small amount of filling and jam can be used to garnish the top of each dessert.