Cheesy Florentine Eggs - Serves 8
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium leeks (white part only), sliced lengthwise, then sliced crosswise
- 1 (3.5 oz.) package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1(10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Caramelized Onion Mustard
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, shiitake mushrooms, and red pepper, saute 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in spinach. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until all liquid is evaporated; cool to room temperature. Stir in cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- In large mixing bowl whisk eggs, mustard, cream or half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Spread spinach mixture in bottom of greased 3-quart baking dish. Pour egg mixture over spinach. (Can be made a day ahead; refrigerate, covered.)
- Before baking, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Combine with panko, remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350 F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.