Roasted Golden and Red Beet Salad
- 2 red beets
- 2 golden beets
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 French baguette
- 1 handful mesculun greens
- Salt and pepper
- Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig Dressing, Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing, Champagne Shallot Walnut Dressing, or Maple Balsamic Dressing
- Peel, halve and slice beets, creating 1/4 inch half-moons.
- Add to salted, boiling water; cook till fork-tender (do not over cook). Add trimmed asparagus to the water for 2 minutes, strain and cool.
- Slice red onion into 1/2 inch rings.
- Toss beets with olive oil and salt and pepper. Combine with onion and roast in a 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Brush slices of baguette with olive oil and top with goat cheese. Toast at 400 degree F until golden brown.
- Arrange mesculun in the center of the plate with a small pile of beets perched atop. Place a small bunch of asparagus on top of the beets, drizzle with Stonewall's dressing, and garnish with the goat cheese crouton.