New England Cranberry Relish Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 lb. vegetarian sausage, crumbled (or regular sausage, if you prefer)
- 1 small yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 large celery stalk, medium dice
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen New England Cranberry Relish
- 1 teaspoon of Stonewall Kitchen Chicken and Pork Rub
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 loaf day old bread
- To taste salt and pepper
- Heat large sauce pan on stove. Add oil. Heat one minute more.
- Render sausage until lightly browned.
- Add onions, celery, Stonewall Kitchen New England Cranberry Relish, and Old Bay to the pan. Sweat for about seven minutes, until the onions become translucent.
- Add stock and butter, and bring to a simmer.
- Place cubed bread in a large stainless steel bowl and pour above mixture over it. Mix well.
- If stuffing is too dry, add more stock. If stuffing is too wet, place it in a casserole dish, cover it with foil, and cook it in the oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.