Cream Puffs with Vanilla Ice Cream and Coffee Caramel Sauce
- Cut butter into pieces and put in a heavy saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Once the butter is completely melted, add the flour all at once stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring over high heat until mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer mixture to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Add 2 eggs, mix and scrape down bowl. Add 2 more eggs, mix and scrape down bowl. Add the last 2 eggs, mix and scrape down the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into a 14-inch pastry bag fitted with a #5 plain tip. Pipe 2-inch balls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet 1 1/2-inches apart. OR scoop out 2-inch balls with a spoon or scoop. You may substitute a lightly greased pan for the parchment paper if necessary.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 40 minutes or until puffs are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool puffs and cut off 1/3 of the top.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into each.
- Place 3 puffs on a plate and drizzle with Coffee Caramel Sauce.