An easy to make tart that will dazzle your family and guests.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out puff pastry into an 11-inch round approximately 1/4-inch thick. Set aside.
- Peel, core and quarter the Granny Smith apples. Place cut apples into a bowl of cold water with some lemon juice added. This will keep the apples from browning.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the melted butter. Let cook, stirring until sugar starts to caramelize. Slowly add 1/4 cup of Cinnamon Apple Syrup.
- Quickly arrange apples, standing them on end packing them tightly. As apples start to cook down, squeeze in more pieces.
The apples need to be packed tightly to stay together when inverted.
- Return to the heat and cook over medium heat gently shaking the pan to keep the apples from sticking. Continue to cook until the sugar turns dark golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Place puff pastry on top of cooled apples and place pan in the oven.
- Cook until the puff pastry is browned (approximately 10 minutes), remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of skillet. Holding firmly, invert the skillet onto the plate.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with Cinnamon Apple Syrup.