Cranberry Horseradish Vinaigrette For Smoked Trout Salad
This colorful and bold-flavored salad is a dramatic first course for a fine meal.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Horseradish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small head red leaf or green leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 small bunch watercress, thick stems removed, washed and dried
- 1 (1/2 to 3/4-pound) smoked trout, skinned, boned and separated into chunks
- 2 navel oranges, peeled with all pith removed, sliced into 6 segments
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Minced flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Combine olive oil, Cranberry Horseradish Sauce, cider vinegar, orange juice and pepper in a blender and purée until smooth. Or whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate until needed. Line plates with lettuce leaves.
- Divide watercress, smoked trout, orange slices and red onions among them.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle on minced parsley and a generous amount of black pepper and serve.