Rustic Bread Salad with Feta
- 1/3 pound day old sourdough or crusty whole grain bread, torn into chunks
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber seeded, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion rings, cut in half
- 1 package (6 ounces) feta cheese, flavored
- 1/3 cup pitted ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Classic Italian Dressing
- fresh basil, sliced
- Place bread chunks in bottom of large bowl.
- Top with the salad greens.
- Toss tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cheese, and basil. Place over greens and refrigerate.
- Pour salad dressing over just before serving; toss lightly.