Pizza Spirals - Makes approximately 3 dozen spirals
- 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Classic Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (cut in thin strips)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make pizza dough according to box instructions. Split evenly into two balls of dough.
- Roll one ball of dough out on a generously floured surface into an 8 X 12-inch rectangle.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over dough. Top with one half of the cheese and one half of the basil. Roll dough into a spiraled log starting at the longest side. Press and seal firmly. Cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Lightly grease a 12-well muffin tin with olive oil. Place one spiral in each well. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pizza dough is golden brown.
- Repeat procedure with the other pizza dough ball.
- Pizza spirals can be served warm or room temperature.
- TIPS: If the cheese is too soft to grate place it in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes. The partially frozen cheese will be easier to grate. Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll them up starting with the longer side of the leaf. Chop along the roll forming thin strips of basil leaves.