Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 6 quarts water
- 4 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Spice Rub for Chicken and Pork
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package dry tortellini, cheese or spinach
- In a stockpot place fryer, water and one tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Chicken and Pork Spice Rub.
- Let ingredients come to a boil and cook until chicken is done, about one hour.
- Strain stock into new pot and cool chicken, then pick meat off bones.
- In clean stockpot, sauté all vegetables in olive oil about five minutes.
- Add stock, salt, pepper, one tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Chicken and Pork spice rub, and tortellini. Cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, taste for seasoning, and adjust as necessary.