Molasses Cookies - Makes approximately 2 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in molasses and eggs. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Gradually mix flour mixture with creamed ingredients until the dough is smooth.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 11 minutes. Do not over-bake. Cool on a wire rack.