Cinnamon Apple Farmhouse Pancakes - Serves 4
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1-tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 apple, Granny Smith, Empire or other tart-cooking apple
- 1-tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat egg and milk together. Add dry mix and blend well. Stir in 1 tablespoon melted butter and mix thoroughly. Ladle onto 350-degree griddle and flip when air bubbles begin to pop. Turn once and cook until done. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Melt 1-tablespoon butter in a medium large sauté pan. Core apple and slice about 1/2-inch thick. Add apple slices to sauté pan and cook until almost tender. Add Maple syrup and cinnamon. Sauté several minutes. Serve hot over pancakes.