Chocolate Dulce de Leche filled Cupcake - Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Double Chocolate Cupcake Mix with Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup water
For the frosting:
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1-2 tablespoons milk
1 Jar Stonewall Kitchen Maple Dulce de Leche Sauce, Espresso Dulce de Leche Sauce or Dulce de Leche Sauce
- Make cupcakes according to package instructions. After baking remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling make frosting according to box instructions.
- Take a cooled cupcake and, using a small paring knife, cut a cone of cake (1-inch across by 1-inch deep) out of the top. Set aside and repeat this process for all the cupcakes.
- Fill each cupcake cavity with dulce de leche to the top. Spread frosting over the top of each cupcake.
- Store in airtight container until ready to serve.