Hot Pepper Jelly Cornbread
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1 can (7oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all of the above ingredients and stir well.
- Grease an 8x8” baking pan well and pour mixed ingredients into it.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cut in half and toast or grill. Wrap well to keep moist.