Coconut Almond Lemon Bars
A classy dessert, perfect for any occasion.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Fresh Lemon Curd
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor, briefly pulse flour, almonds and sugar. Add butter and process until butter is
thoroughly blended and mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Remove about one half of the mixture to a small bowl. Add coconut, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Press remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9" x 13" glass baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Evenly spread lemon curd over crust. Sprinkle rest of flour-coconut mixture over curd.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 25 minutes. Check occassionally during the last round of baking to
make sure that the coconut doesn't burn.