Pear Almond Pie
A delectable and beautiful dessert. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt. We especially like chocolate with the pears and lemon, but vanilla or almost any flavor will work.
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted almonds + 12 blanched almonds for garnish
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 firm ripe Anjou or other pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Pear Marmalade, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine almonds, flour, the ½ cup of sugar,cinnamon,lemon zest and butter in a food processor. Pulse until just mixed and crumbly. Do not over-process. Pat mixture into pie crust.
- Place pear slices in an overlapping pattern over almond mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on top, and bake in the middle of the oven until crust is golden and almond mixture begins to bubble, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully brush with Lemon Pear Marmalade, and place remaining almonds around outside of fruit.
- Let pie stand for about 10 minutes, then cut into slices and serve.