Cucumber and Tuna Rolls with Champagne Shallot drizzle and Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 lb. Sushi grade tuna cut into ¼ inch dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- dash of Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Champagne Shallot Mustard or Wasabi Mustard
- 1 tablespoon toasted white OR black sesame seeds
- 2 Japanese cucumbers (the long ones)
- In a medium bowl combine the tuna, chives, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- With a mandoline slice cucumbers lengthwise as thinly as possible into 5-inch lengths. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a heaping teaspoon full of tuna tatare on one end of cucumber and roll. Continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place a small dollop of mustard a top each roll and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Arrange on serving platter.
- You can garnish platter with whole chives and little bunches of pickled ginger if you like.