Maple Chipotle Pork Pot Pie
The flavor of Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce paired with tenderloin of pork creates the ultimate comfort food. The puff pastry topping makes this a quick and easy dish, or skip the crust and serve as a hearty stew.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cubed
- 2 large red bell peppers, trimmed and cubed
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered or halved, depending on size
- 1 (16 oz) package pearl onions, frozen
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef or vegetable broth
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce
- 2 packages frozen puff pastry sheets
- In a heavy stockpot, heat oil, add meat and brown evenly. When meat is browned, add cubed potatoes, 1 can of broth and the contents of Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce. Stir, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Thicken with flour and water mixture until stew broth coats the back of a metal spoon thickly and evenly.
- While mixture is summering, saute cubed peppers, quartered mushrooms and whole pearl onions until dry. Add to meat and potatoes, and heat thoroughly.
- Prepare puff pastry according to package directions. Cut out rounds to top individual dishes (approx. 10 oz in volume) or leave in sheet size for larger dish (9"x9"x2"). Bake according to pastry directions. Remove from oven.
- Fill individual heated dishes or large dish three quarters full, top with cooked puff pastry crust and serve immediately.