A new twist on an old favorite.
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon butter (for cooking corn)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4 “ dice
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled cut into 1/4 “ dice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saute pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. When melted and bubbling, add corn kernels. Saute until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter in a saucepan. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
- When potatoes are fork tender, puree potato-onion mixture with cooking liquid and Maple Balsamic Dressing in a food processor or blender.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Top each serving with sauteed corn kernels.