Anchorage Carrot Bisque
- 2 lbs peeled carrots
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- chopped chives or scallions
- 1 quart cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rough chop the carrots and onions.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add butter and oil. Heat until butter turns light brown.
- Add carrots and onions. Cook until vegetables become light brown.
- Add water and simmer till vegetables are soft.
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Add syrup and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with chopped chives.