Nothing in the world symbolizes a New England breakfast like fluffy buttermilk pancakes with pure and natural maple or blueberry syrup. No matter where you are, one bite will instantaneously bring you to a warm log cabin on a lake, listening to a chorus of loons.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Thoroughly mix wet into dry ingredients.
- Gently fold-in the 2 cups of blueberries, being careful not to over-fold because the batter will turn purple, (optional).
- Spoon batter onto a preheated medium-high heat, lightly greased heavy skillet or griddle. When many bubbles form on the top of the pancake, flip and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Be sure to serve with plenty of Maine Maple Syrup or Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup.