Mango Chipotle Grilled Salmon with Butternut Squash with Corn Cakes and Zucchini Ribbons
A hint of Caribbean flavors blended with fresh salmon, a unique and festive grilling idea.
- 1/2 jar Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grill Sauce
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, cored and pureed
- 4 6 ounce pieces of salmon, filet or steak
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 butternut squash, cooked, peeled, chopped and mashed
- 1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (prepare as directed on the box)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Rub salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat grill.
- Add pureed mango to Maple Chipotle Grill Sauce. Place salmon on the grill and brush with the grill sauce.
- Flip salmon and brush on more grill sauce. Flip salmon and repeat.
Continue brushing with the grill sauce as salmon cooks. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon.
Reserve any leftover grill sauce.
- Heat skillet and prepare muffin mix.
- Add mashed squash and combine gently.
- Add oil to skillet and place batter in the pan. 2 tablespoons for each cake. Cook until golden on each side.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut off ends and cut into thin strips.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle with Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill Zucchini over hot grill until marked and Zucchini becomes a little bit flimsy.
- To present this dish, place one corn cake on the plate and then the grilled salmon.
Cross with two zucchini ribbons and then top with another cake.
You can also drizzle any left over grill sauce over your dish before serving.