Bean and Corn Enchiladas
A family favorite with a new, sophisticated twist
- 1 cup red or green pepper, chopped
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 3 teaspoons green chilies, fresh or canned, diced
- 2 teaspoons or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 8 (8-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauté pepper and scallion in water until softened. Drain well.
- Mix beans, corn, chilies, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Add sautéed pepper and scallion.
- Wrap tortillas in cloth and heat in microwave or oven for 1 minute.
- Spoon 1/4-1/2 cup filling mixture in center of tortilla and roll to enclose filling. Spread 1/2 cup Salsa Verde on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Place enchiladas in pan, seam side down.
- Cover with remaining sauce and cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole or salsa.