Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, slightly warmed
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Horseradish Mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions (green onions)
- Stonewall Kitchen Maine Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan place potato chunks and approximately 1 TBSP of salt. Fill with water, covering potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook the potatoes until fork tender (approximately 20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and place potatoes back into the pan, off the heat. Mash the potatoes and add butter by tablespoon, stirring until melted.
- Add goat cheese and cream. Continue blending until creamy and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (horseradish, Stonewall Kitchen Horseradish Mustard, scallions and salt and pepper. Stir until blended.
- Serve warm. Can be made one day ahead and gently heated over a double boiler on the stove. Garnish with additional scallions, if desired.