Maple Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas - Serves 4
- Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- 4 small ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Prepare the Maple Pancakes according to mix instructions.
- To make caramelized bananas melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add Maine Maple Syrup and cook for several minutes until syrup thickens, stirring continuously.
- Add the banana slices to the pan in a single layer and cook until the bananas begin to soften and the syrup coats them.
- Add the pecans.
- Spoon the caramelized bananas over warm pancakes and top with sweetened whipped cream.