Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
The smell of maple will undoubtedly have your mouth watering!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts-
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bacon, preferably applewood smoked, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup pecan halves, toasted (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts off. Remove any discolored outer leaves. If large cut in half.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and Brussels sprouts. Cook until they are just tender, about 5 minutes. Do not over cook. Drain well and set aside. Dry pan.
- In the same pan cook bacon over medium to medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Set aside on paper towels. Discard bacon fat.
- To the same pan add maple syrup over medium high heat. Add butter and simmer until sauce thickens. Add well drained Brussels sprouts and toss. Add bacon, pecans, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.