Curried Rice and Vegetable Pilaf with Mango Chutney
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mango Chutney
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (or 12 ounces fresh spinach chopped, steamed and squeezed dry)
- Place chutney in blender. Add broth gradually and puree.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Saute sweet red pepper and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add rice, curry powder and raisins. Stir to blend.
- Add broth mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Add spinach
- Turn off heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.