Maple Applesauce Coffee Cake - Serves 8-10
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans plus 2 tablespoons, toasted
- 2 cups Stonewall Kitchen Maple Applesauce
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pure Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoons milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 cup Bundt pan (or two 8 ½” x 4 1/2” loaf pans).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (you can also use a hand mixer) cream butter with sugars on medium speed 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides when necessary. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Slowly add flour mixture to mixer on low. Mix until incorporated. Fold in raisins, 1/2 cup pecans and Maple Applesauce until uniform, do not over mix.
- Place batter in prepared pan (s). Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack 15 minutes. Gently remove coffee cake from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. Add milk if needed. Drizzle glaze over coffee cake and garnish with 2 tablespoons toasted pecans. Serve.