Cheesy Mole Enchiladas - Makes 4 8-inch enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, ¼-inch dice
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 4 8-inch white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese such as Monterey Jack, cheddar or Manchego
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mole Sauce
- Scallions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add onions and bell peppers and sauté until tender.
- Divide vegetables down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables. Fold in sides of tortillas. Place in a greased baking dish seam side down.
- Pour Mole sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese and chopped scallions. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot with sour cream and guacamole.